Monday, April 13, 2009

EASTER REFLECTIONS!
This was a very special Easter Season. Saturday I was reading through the lesson for Sunday School and I decided to read all the gospel accounts of the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ. As I began, I thought well I have read this before and will discover nothing new in these passages. Well to my surprise I discovered a couple of things that I had not seen before. One of the events that I had not noticed was that Jesus was blindfolded. In the process of mocking Jesus, they blindfolded Him and challenged Him to prophecy by telling them who it was who hit Him.

Another point that I had never noticed was related to the story of the Jews asking for the release of Barabbas rather than Jesus. I knew that Bar meant "son of" and that abba meant "father", but I had never thought that Barabbas meant "son of the father." And then I realize that this is who Jesus was and is, the Son of the Father. WOW!

Then we had a wonderful Worship Service beginning with the baptism of two young men and the service concluded with the commissioning of a very special young woman who has been involved in missions for the last 10 plus years all over Africa. Over the last 15 years or so I have watched her grow up in maturity and in faith in the Lord. She is going back to Africa to work with AIDS patients in Darfur with MedAir a mission organization out of the Netherlands. What a day with the of the manifestation of God's power and the love of Jesus Christ.

He is Risen, He Is Risen Indeed!

No comments: